Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thankful for God and My Husband {and what they have in common}

Sometimes writing a "Thankful Thursday" post is kind of hard.
Do I make a list of things I'm thankful for?
Or do I pick one thing and expound on that?

This is a good problem to have. :)

I have realized the last few days how much my husband's love for me is like God's love for me (and all his children).  {See the last point of yesterday's post for why marriage is supposed to be like that!}

My husband loves me even when I'm unlovable.  No, he doesn't love me perfectly (only God can do that!), but he still takes care of me, he still does sweet things for me, he still listens to me even when I'm being crabby or disrespectful or if I'm hormonal (which he does NOT deserve).

He forgives me for everything.  We have a hard time holding grudges around here (because who can stay mad at your best friend for long, especially if they're handsome and hilarious like my husband? :D ).  In the same way, God constantly forgives me for everything I do wrong--all because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.

My husband sees beauty in me even when I can't see it in myself.  I got about six inches cut off my hair last week (thanks Mom!) and Joshua keeps playing with it and admiring it.  He is always telling me I'm beautiful even when I know my hair is greasy and I have a breakout on my face and my breath is horrible.  I know that God, my Creator, thinks I'm beautiful, too...just because he made me.  Not because of anything I've done.

My husband encourages me spiritually and in my faith.  Now, of course, God is the source of my faith, and that's something Joshua won't ever be, but he definitely fills the role of spiritual leader.  He prays for us several times every day.  It was his idea to have devotions every morning and pray together in the evenings.  He reminds me to keep trusting God even when I have a hard time doing so.  And oh, the wonderful talks we have about our faith, and who God is, and what it means to be a Christian.

So today, I'm thankful for my husband.  I'm thankful that he helps me understand better who God is.  I'm thankful for his spiritual role in our home.  I'm so very thankful for God's love, forgiveness and understanding, and most of all for the faith that he has given me.

Linking up today with these lovely ladies:
Passionate and Creative Homemaking; The Fontenot Four; black tag diaries; Kate Says Stuff; First Day of My Life; Live Called

10 comments:

  1. Great thankful post! You are so blessed to have such a Godly husband to lead you and your family

    Marissa @ forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Marissa! I am SO blessed. God is good. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanking God today with you for the special gift that is Joshua Peter Ramsey. May you both continue to know the joy and peace of walking with and reflecting Him to each other and to the world. I love you both! - Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daddy is another man like this--one after God's own heart. :) Thank you, Mom. I love you!

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful post! You are truly blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful that I can agree with you in being thankful for a wonderful, godly husband. Thanks for linking up to the Thrive @ Home link-up this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Husbands are just the greatest blessing, aren't they? :)

      Of course--thank you for hosting it! :)

      Delete
  5. I am thankful for you & for your post <3 Thanks for linking up with me at First Day of My Life!

    Beautiful post & a beautiful heart you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Cami! :) Your thankful posts always make me smile. :)

      Delete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!