Thursday, February 7, 2013

For professors, good food, and my husband, I am thankful

It has been a happy week.

I'm really enjoying my classes.  My professors are fantastic.  I'm pretty crazy about my husband, who at the moment is listening to "Through Heaven's Eyes" from The Prince of Egypt: a pretty upbeat way to start a morning, if you ask me!

I am thankful for all of that.  Thankful that we have a full fridge and pantry.  Thankful for our beautiful home.  Thankful for our car, that got fixed on Tuesday (no more check-engine light on!).

I'm SO thankful for the dear professor who let me spend an hour talking his ear off yesterday, and who helped me work through spiritual questions and ponderings.  It was such a blessing to visit with him.  His class (just three weeks in!) has been one of the most educational, spiritually uplifting, challenging and enjoyable classes I've ever had.  I love being a senior (hello, upper-level classes!).

I'm thankful for good food.  This week I had fun making up some new recipes (come back for that tomorrow!!).

I am incredibly thankful for my husband.  This week he's taken the car in to get fixed, worked on finances, worked hard at his job, helped me a lot with housework, picked up pizza one night so I didn't have to make supper, and he's loved me through everything like he always does.  Our marriage still has a lot of growing to do, but we're at a great place and I'm really happy.


How has God blessed YOU this week?  If you want to link up, visit the great blogs listed below!

The Fontenot Four, black tag diaries, There's Just One Mommy, Loved and Lovely

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jaimie!!

    By any chance could talk you into adding that feature on your blog where we can subscribe through email? I keep getting behind in my blog reading and I don't want to miss your posts!!!

    Thanks so much!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angell, I've been meaning to do that for a while, and I'll get it up ASAP! Thank you so much for asking!

      Delete
    2. I got it figured out yesterday! Check the top of the right-hand column--just enter your email address! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've had a good week!

    http://www.homeofohm.com/2013/02/thankfulthursday-0207.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly lovely post and I love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Husbands seem to be on everyone's thank you list this week!

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!