Friday, August 10, 2012

A Connecting of Two Hearts


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
OK, are you ready? Please give me your best five minutes on:::

Connect…


Last weekend I had the opportunity to re-connect with family I hadn't seen in a while, and connect them with my husband who hadn't met nearly 2/3 of the group.

This weekend, I want to connect with my husband.

Oh, yeah, we live together.  We see each other every day.  Eat meals together.  Sleep together.  Talk, pray, laugh, watch movies together.

But sometimes (is it just me?) I feel like we're missing something.  Not really seeing each other, not really listening to each other.  We look and we hear, but the sights and sounds don't make it from our heads to our hearts.

I wrote once about wanting to know my husband better.  That's not so much to do with head-knowledge as it is to do with heart-knowledge.  This weekend I want us to connect at the heart.  To really dig deep into what the other one is thinking and feeling.

Don't get me wrong...my husband knows me so well.  And I know him, more intimately than I thought I could know anyone.  It's amazing to me, sometimes, how he reveals his knowledge of me through a word, an act, or a touch.  It's like he can see into my soul...or at least read my mind.

Every day, and this weekend especially, I want us to connect on that level.  God made us one...one flesh, one mind, one spirit...and I hope we can remind each other of that.  And renew the connectedness that makes our relationship so sweet and unique.


Linking up today:


9 comments:

  1. It's amazing how that happens. The ships passing in the night analogy becomes real...I hear you and pray you connect and both have full love tanks and sweet connection. I sometimes pray for one of my dear friends and her hubby when they struggle to connect : Lord, remind them of all the reasons they fell in love with one another and revive that love again, anew! Praying that for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This has been a blessed weekend. :) :)

      Delete
  2. So true that if you don't try to connect intentionally, you just become roomies! Hope you enjoy spending time together this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and that would be SO SAD! We had a lovely weekend--thank you!

      Delete
  3. Aw..I LOVE young love. Howdy, FMF neighbor. Not only did I enjoy reading your post, I appreciated your comments on mine. You are honored to have a mighty man of God as a husband; treasure him, date him, care for him. Among the best advice I ever received about marriage came from my dad, who encouraged me to remember the excitement of dating...how special it felt, getting ready, relishing the time, feeling special. Keeping that energy between you will lead to many years of happiness, I pray.
    So glad you stopped by. Now we're friends.
    God's peace and good to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Loved my visit to your blog. We are friends. :)

      Delete
  4. Amen. Happy time together.
    Stopping by from Madagascar at GraceForThat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--we did have a lovely weekend. :)
      I stopped by your blog! It amazes me where some of my readers are from! Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!