Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Loved By God, Just the Way I Am

I've come to a place where I can accept, and like, the person I am.  I'm not exactly satisfied with that person, but maybe I'm not supposed to be.  There's always learning, growing, becoming to do.  God still has a lot to teach me, so "who I am" will never be completely finished.  I'm not a static being.  I don't like the word "evolving" (for the evolutionary connotations) but that's a fairly apt description for how I'm changing.

Part of the reason that we're not supposed to be quite comfortable in the skin we're in is that there's something more coming, something better--a glorified body.  One that's sinless.  Flawless.  Perfect.

That's a weird concept...to think of myself as perfect.  Because I am so not.  I beat myself up a lot--figuratively, of course--about my imperfections.  The list is long: selfishness, thoughtlessness, faithlessness, worry, discontent. I could go on.  But I've come to terms with the fact that I'm going to stay sinful, and there's no use fretting about it.

That is NOT to say I shouldn't try not to sin!  There are a lot of bad habits I could and should work on breaking.  There are so many things I have yet to learn.

But God won't love me any more, if and when I try to become a better person, than he does right now.  He can, will, and does use even my worst faults for his own purposes.  He gives me jobs to do for his kingdom. He loves me unconditionally, and forgives me constantly.  I'm beautiful and holy in his eyes--so who am I to put myself (or others) down?  We're all worth more than that.  We're priceless: creations of the God of the universe.

That's another huge concept to try to wrap my mind around, but when it comes down to it, that is what is most humbling and most encouraging to me.
The GOD
of the universe
loves/made/forgives/redeemed
      ME.

Sounds insane. It should be.  But it's true.  And that's what gives me hope, purpose, joy, life!  Being a child of God is the greatest blessing in life.  I'm more thankful for this than anything else.

Compared to him, my flaws are pretty minor.  They're not to big for him to handle.  They do't get in the way of his love for me.  And-
Nothing.
Ever.
Will.






Thankful Thursdays Button

1 comment:

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!