Friday, November 18, 2011

One of those days...

It's been one of those days.

When the house is a mess.  I mean a complete disaster.

When we go on a wild-goose chase trying to find Culver's, my choice, (and realize half an hour later, on the way home finally, we were going the right direction the first time).

When I lash out at Joshua in anger and frustration.

When, in short, I pretty much feel like a complete failure.

It's days like this when I have to remember that my identity is not based on my failures or achievements.  It's not based on how good a wife or homemaker I am.  It is based on the fact that Jesus Christ died for all my sins, including every one I committed today, and that I am a child of God, loved, forgiven and saved by him.

Yes, I strive to be a good wife and homemaker (and trust me, I will be spending most of tomorrow cleaning!!).  But I don't have to base my self-worth on my performance.  I didn't create myself, after all: God created me, and it is he who gives me worth and value.

It's been one of those days, too:
Visiting my father-in-law and seeing how much better he's doing.

The last day of classes before Thanksgiving break!!

Subway for supper--no cooking necessary!

Extra hours at the library.

Family and friends who love me.

It's SO amazing how much God blesses me, even and including those days when I fail to thank him for what he's given me, and in fact throw it back in his face with my contempt.  I'm not nearly perfect, but God loves and blesses me anyway.  And what's more, he'll give me a new start tomorrow, a new day in which to love, honor and serve him--a new day full of more of his blessings and grace.

1 comment:

  1. such a good post... and a much needed reminder! thanks for sharing your heart jamie...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!