Friday, September 30, 2011

Stressed but Blessed

That's what I said to a friend on facebook today.  I'm stressed but blessed.

You don't need to hear my current list of stressers.  It's a mile long and I don't really want to remind myself.  I will boldly ask for prayers for my sick husband, however!!

I've had two different friends today give me comfort, encouragement and a reality check.  Not to mention hugs and the reassurance that it's okay to cry.  Thanks, guys: you know who you are.  They reminded me that it's all about perspective: things could be a lot worse, and I have SOOOOO much to be thankful for.  They were reminders themselves of how blessed I am.  God has put the most amazing friends into Joshua's and my lives, and lately I've been running into them exactly when I needed to hear what they had to say.  God, you're awesome.

Anyway, so the things I have to be thankful for, to put my life back into perspective:

Joshua could be much more sick. Or he could have had to skip work today instead of just class. He's able to take time to rest, which he really needs. And since he's home sick, we won't be doing much this weekend. I can't wait.

The weather lately has been gorgeous. I love walking to and from school every day, and the sunshine lifts my spirits.

Financially, God continues to provide: perhaps not in the ways I want him to, but in the ways he knows are best.

We eat so well. Even on a budget. :)

I LOVE my job at the library. It's hardly work at all. Usually it's a time to take a breath, relax, and chat with the amazing people I work with.

God is gracious, forgiving, and loving every day, no matter what.

Joshua and I got our papers DONE last night that were due this morning, and we both felt good about the end results.

I have an amazing husband and I have the honor and privilege of loving him and caring for him. I can't wait to go home to him this evening. :)

Whew. I feel so much better now. Seriously, whenever you're having a rough day and/or feeling sorry for yourself and/or feeling like everything that could go wrong is going wrong...count your blessings. God is so amazing.

Joy and peace to you this day, in His Name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!