Friday, July 22, 2011

Attitude is Everything

I have a confession to make.  I had a really poor attitude yesterday.  My family left in the morning, and I was homesick for them all the rest of the day.  I was in a crummy mood for a variety of reasons, no need to go into them.  I didn't feel like doing much.  I was lazy most of the day.  I didn't get the kitchen cleaned up or all the dishes done before I went to bed.  (I'm still in the process of finishing! :) )  I figured, well, my family's not coming again anytime soon, what's the point?

Hubby and I had a very pleasant evening together, and today I realized, wait a minute.  I have a serious problem if I'm thinking this way.  Who am I called to serve, first and foremost?  Who should be my top priority (second only to God)?  Who deserves my love and respect most, and whose home am I taking care of?  My husband.  Our home.  Loving and serving God by loving and serving my husband should be my primary motivator for doing things around the house, for making tasteful, healthful meals for us, for keeping myself looking nice.

Thank God that this mix-up of priorities only lasted a day.  I'm feeling myself again, energized, eager to serve.  Thank you, Lord.  He is ever faithful!!  Now it's time to get lunch ready and finish cleaning up the kitchen before Hubby gets home!! :)

2 comments:

  1. One thing I am certain of: We are always in process. Even these "off" days are blessings, as you have shown us here, Jaimie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true. Life is ups and downs, good and bad, better and worse. It's all part of the package: but God works in us EVERY day. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!