Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Strength Renewed

It's getting toward the end of the summer.  Many students and families are starting a new school year.  Joshua and I have less than two weeks until school begins again for us.

I'm ready for a new schedule, a change of pace, a different routine.  This summer has been wonderful, don't get me wrong--but I'm ready for some changes.

At the same time, I'm a little apprehensive.  With the new school year will come new challenges: juggling being a wife and homemaker with being a full-time student and working part-time and trying to spend some time with friends, too.  It's a bit overwhelming!  (If you're feeling like you have a lot on your plate--you are not alone!)

A verse from Isaiah came to mind this morning.  God said to Isaiah,
"I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you.  So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:9b-10
God has chosen me to serve him.  He is always with me; he gives me strength and help.  I have nothing to fear or worry about.  And neither do you, no matter what your life looks like right now!

In the previous chapter of Isaiah, God spoke more comforting words:
"Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall.  But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  -Isaiah 41:28-31
Our strength does not come from ourselves.  Even youth (like me!) grow tired and weary.  But God never does.  Our God is everlasting--Creator of all that exists.  It is when we put our hope in him, not in our own "strength," that we become strong.  It is God who lifts us up.

I won't get through this coming school year on my own power.  It will be with the strength of God, by his grace and his will, that I will live each day to his glory.  I won't do that perfectly... but I can trust that God has forgiven me.  And he chose me to be his servant knowing that I'm imperfect, so I know he can and will use me for his will despite my imperfections.

I can't wait to see where his strength will take me this year... to what new heights I'll soar.  I wonder...where will God take you?

Linking up with these lovely ladies:
 Growing Home; Thankful Homemaker; Time-Warp Wife; Cornerstone Confessions; Lessons from Ivy


 

9 comments:

  1. Encouraging words, Jaimie! God's blessings on your school year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaimie, I go to the same church as your parents do! :) I didn't see your parents at the Jazz Crawl, but I bet they were there! Hey, do you have a Facebook page or an email address where we could chat back and forth? Blog commenting isn't always an efficient way to talk! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Small Lutheran world, eh?? :)

      I do have a facebook page--just search my name--and my email address is on the "contacts" page (the tab is at the top of this page). And no, commenting is not a very efficient chatting method!

      Delete
  3. "Our strength does not come from ourselves."
    Thank God!
    "I know he can and will use me for his will despite my imperfections."
    Evidence that He is awesome.
    " I wonder...where will God take you?"
    What a way to begin the day.
    Thank you for this.
    Glad you linked up at Cornerstone AND Time Warp today.
    Peace and good to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO very glad I was able to be an encouragement to you. :) :) Soli Deo Gloria!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are going to be one busy bee! Thankfully, with God all things are possible! It's always a great comfort to remember God is in control, and won't give us what we can't handle. Great post, and very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...same as the last three years! And yes, I rely on those truths every day. :) Thank you, Monica! :)

      Delete
  5. One of my favorite Scripture passages is Isaiah 40, especially verse 31. It is so amazing to see that though we are in different seasons of life, God lays the same words upon our hearts.
    My favorite part of your post: " And he chose me to be his servant knowing that I'm imperfect, so I know he can and will use me for his will despite my imperfections."
    Thank you for sharing Jaimie. Excited to see what the new school year holds for you. God bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you will have a full plate. It's true we get weary without God sustaining us. Good scripture to remember.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!