Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Christmas Edition!

Christmas has kind of sneaked up on me this year.  I mean, I'm "prepared," so to speak, in terms of material things.  But spiritually, I really want to get more in the mindset of the real reason why we're celebrating in these next few days.  I think it's time to spend more time in the Word getting to know the Word, who in coming to earth became flesh to dwell among humankind.

That's one thing I'm incredibly thankful for today, and always.  Other blessings this week:
-Good food!  I've been baking up a storm, with Ruth and by myself.  Unfortunately (or perhaps it is fortunately!) a batch of cookies seems to only last about a day around here, especially considering how much we've been hanging out with Ruth and Joe this week.  But that's okay; we're enjoying them which is why I made cookies in the first place!  (Peanut butter "blossoms," sugar cookie cutouts, and gingerbread men were the treats I made this year!)

-More good food: baked beans, rice pudding and salad for supper.  The beans and rice didn't turn out quite how I hoped, but Joshua pronounced both "delicious." :)

-Our friends, as always.  It's been like having an older sister the last few days while Ruth hung out with us during Joseph's work hours.

-Sleep.  We've been getting a lot more sleep than usual which is awesome!

-Extra time with my husband.  Both of us have been cherishing all this alone time, just us, at home.  He is more precious to me every single day.

-Financial provision.  God has provided in some pretty cool ways.  We are so well taken care of.

-The anticipation of my family coming to visit in four days!!!  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

-A sprinkling of snow on the ground this morning.  (Looks like it will be a mostly green Christmas, however.)

-Laughter.  Oh, how much we've been laughing lately.  It's so lovely to be so relaxed and content!


God is so, very, good.

linking up with Julia, as always!
Thankful Thursdays Button

3 comments:

  1. You have a great list to be thankful for this Christmas time! Glad you are focusing in what the real reason for the season is! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter is the best medicine, they say :)
    I also can't wait to spend time with my family for Christmas! We are all so very blessed. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great list jamie... as always. i agree with your first paragraph... i too feel "prepared" in all the practical/material ways of the holiday season, but i feel like i need to carve out some quiet time to just reflect on the coming of our King. thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!