Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gratefulness this Week


I'm thankful for my hubby, and for the time we'll get to spend together this weekend!!  (This was a date night a couple weeks ago, and that is sparkling grape juice in our glasses. :) )


Thankful for this beautiful woman and the fact that she's coming to visit this weekend!!!!  (This picture is from a "Prom Alternative" event with her church, our senior year in high school. :) )

Thankful for God's power, majesty and artistry.  (This is the sky after a storm a few days ago.)

Thankful for beauty, living things, and the kindness of an elderly flower-growing friend at church.  (These flowers have graced our house all week!)




Thankful for the Lord's providence--such good food!!  (Homemade bread and white cranberry-cheddar cheese, YUM)

(One almost-bad banana into half a dozen AMAZING banana muffins!)

Oh, the Lord is good to me
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me
The things I need
The sun and the rain and the appleseed.
The Lord is good to me!
(-the "Johnny Appleseed Song")



Linking up to black tag diaries for Thankful Thursdays

5 comments:

  1. Great list.. thanks for linking up and have a great weekend and date night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God with you for all the Blessings He gives...And thanking Him especially for the blessing that is You. I love you so very much, Jaimie Elise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm... white-cranberry cheddar cheese?!?! that sounds incredible! great list this week! hope you have a fun date night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww...thanks Mom :) I love you too!

    Julia, it's great; my parents brought several pounds of cheese from WI when they visited for my birthday (five weeks ago). I'm making it last! :) The date night was technically last week, but weekends are pretty much "dates" lately: we just do whatever we want, together. :) I'm excited that Hubby has a three-day weekend; his boss gave him tomorrow off cuz he's working extra next week! We don't have to get up early tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!