Monday, May 9, 2011

I like doing dishes in my own kitchen.

We moved our stuff into the apartment last week and this weekend.  Two people at work have asked "Are you living together yet?"  It makes me mad that people assume this.  NO.  We are not.  Not till after we're married.  The man is at the apartment, I am at my grandparents'.  However, I washed some plastic bought-for-the-dorm dishes for him, and then the bridal shower gift dishes that some friends brought from Wisconsin for us.  His mom and two of his brothers helped us clean and unpack more yesterday (on Mother's Day, no less; she insisted.  See yesterday's post!).  Other than still having clothes in boxes because our dressers are still in Wisconsin, almost everything we have here is unpacked.  I'm thrilled with my kitchen.  The bathroom is finally clean and sanitary.  The living room is livable!

I suddenly feel very grown-up.  We have a car.  An apartment.  Jobs.  We went grocery shopping together; I was almost giddy.  We're doing things like making utility and rent payments.  I lay in bed wondering what I can clean next, how I can decorate, what I'll do after he paints the living room.

And I'm getting married in 20 days.  I can hardly wait.  I'm so ready!!  There's no nervousness, just excitement and anticipation.  It's not going to be easy, I know that.  Marriage takes work.  It takes a lot of commitment and patience and love.  But I think it's going to be a lot of fun, just being together all the time, setting up house, cooking and cleaning together, just merging our lives.

Marriage is a wondrous thing.  God sure knew what he was doing when he invented it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you, Jaimie. I've got a little something to add to your kitchen.

    And thank you for all the support. It means so much to me. I hope I can return the favor somehow.

    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those things ARE fun. Being a home-maker is fun. Although I'm dreading a move allll the way back to WI (eventually), I get excited thinking about "our new home".

    And you are right! Marriage is hard work and some times (a lot of times) you're going to want to rip his eyeballs out and stomp on them, but later you'll pick them up and blow them off and gently put them back into his head and all will be ok.

    :) Really though. Marriage is FUN! Wonderful! Amazing! The best!

    I'm so glad I'm married.

    Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!