Sunday, May 8, 2011

To My Mothers

This is me, my sister and my mom in Chicago last summer.  Today, all over America, families are celebrating their mothers.  I'm not with mine today, but I am with my paternal grandparents, and I get to see my future mother-in-law later today, and that's special.

Talking on the phone with my mom earlier, I realized just how blessed I am with the mothers in my life.  My own mother has been my teacher, my friend, my example of a Godly wife and mother.  She is my hero (heroine? :) ) and I hope I can be like her when I grow up.  My future mother-in-law, although I haven't known her for very long, is also someone I greatly respect, look up to, and love.  She is a strong, selfless, faithful woman, and I am so thankful for how well she and her husband have raised their sons. :)

My grandmothers are faithful prayer warriors for their children and grandchildren.  They have taught their children and grandchildren the love that Jesus has for them, and they are blessings beyond description to their families.

I am so blessed to have Christian mothers and grandmothers who have set an example and a legacy for their children.  They are amazing women, and I am so thankful for them--today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!