Wednesday, July 3, 2013

always learning: amateur photo editing

I've recently discovered PicMonkey--a free photo editing site that's perfect for a novice like me.  I can add text, do some basic editing, add fun effects, and it doesn't cost a thing!  I've been having fun playing around with it, and am pleased with the results.

Just for fun, I thought I'd show a before and after (the photo was taken about three years ago by my friend Rachel Ahlers).  Granted, the original photo is fantastic--Rachel is extremely talented and has a wonderful camera besides!  The original photo had a foot in the background, was a little dark, and I discovered that I could increase the 'warmth' of the photo plus make my teeth whiter-- that was fun. :)

BEFORE:


AFTER:

No more foot, warmer colors, and whiter teeth.  I'm pretty pleased!

Have you used PicMonkey?  Are you one of those people I wish I could be who has fancy photo editing software and an amazing camera and takes incredible pictures?  (I don't hate you, I just wish I had that talent!)

By the way, PicMonkey doesn't even know I wrote this post; it's not sponsored or anything.  I just thought I'd share something fun!

2 comments:

  1. I really love picmonkey as well. It's so much fun to do things with photos. I've made a few desktop backgrounds for my computer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just getting in to picmonkey, too. It's a great resource!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!