Friday, January 20, 2012

Joy Dare Days 19 and 20

Day 19:  a grace in the kitchen, a grace in the weather, a grace that might have never been.
In the kitchen: oh, so many!  A friend over for chicken pot pie yesterday.  Doing dishes with my hubby.  Baking bread.
In the weather: well, there's been no snow, just lots of cold...but that makes walking to school easier.
That might have never been:  a conversation with a beloved friend that was so very needed, but would have never happened if we hadn't sat at the same table in a class last year.

Day 20:  3 gifts you saw only when you got close-up.
Hmm.  That's a harder one!  One, pasta in the pantry that I forgot was there until I was digging around on the shelf.  Such a lovely surprise!
Two, an adorable little squirrel outside the library, who, when I paused to watch him in his antics, rose up on his hind legs and twitched his cute little nose.
Three, quite a bit of spare change in a purse that I haven't used in a while, found while looking for something else in said purse.

Not so hard after all. :)
It's amazing how many blessings I can realize when I think about and look for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!