Thursday, January 12, 2012

In the Presence of God

Today's Joy Dare asks us to list "something above you, something below you, something beside you."

We're in the presence of God's gifts all the time.  We're in the presence of God all the time.  Sometimes I forget that.  There are times when I want to forget it: when I'm doing things I know I shouldn't, when I say things to hurt others, when my thoughts don't honor God.  There are times when it doesn't seem like God is there.

But he always is.

Looking for his blessings in everything is a reminder that God is all around me.  He is there in the hug of a friend. He's there in the sunshine, even on a cold day.  He's in a squeeze from my husband's hand.  He is there in the quiet, in the night, in the silent presence of people who love me.

God is even within me.  He is there hearing all my thoughts, hearing my joy, my desperation, my successes, my sorry.  He feels what I feel.  He sees all the worst things of me, and loves and forgives me still.

Today, he's blessed me with
something above me: the roof over our heads.  A home, keeping us safe and warm and protected.
something below me: the comfy couch I'm sitting on, hand-me-down from my grandparents.
something beside me: a coat that helped protect me from the cold.  books for school.  my beloved husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!