Saturday, January 14, 2012

Audible Blessings

Have you ever considered what a gift it is to be able to hear?  Many people who cannot hear would be quick to remind those of us who can that it is a gift not to be taken lightly.

I don't often consider the blessings that I can hear.  But there are so many!!  Music.  Birds.  Wind.  The voices of those dear to me.  Words of grace, forgiveness, Gospel.

Today there are three in particular:
...the voice of my sister on the phone.  Today is her thirteenth birthday.  My little sister...a teenager!  She's growing up so fast.  She has so many gifts and talents, she's so beautiful, she loves Jesus, and she is such a joy to her family and friends.
...the voice of my husband.  He speaks words of love, forgiveness, instruction, encouragement, and reassurance to me.  He is my best (earthly) friend!
...the alarm clock.  It IS a blessing!  It wakes me up so I don't oversleep.  It helps me begin another day: a day in which I have so many opportunities to serve God and serve others.  (See my previous post!)

More than anything, I want to hear the voice of God.  There are times when I wonder how I can possibly do that.  After all, God doesn't often speak audibly.  But he has spoken to us through his Word, the Word, the Bible.  It is there that I can "hear" everything he has to say to me: how he loves me, what he has done for me, what he has planned for me.

May my ears be open to hear His voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!