Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fiction Writing Website!!

One of the classes I took this semester was Fiction Writing.  Each student wrote three short stories in addition to several other smaller writing assignments.  I just turned my portfolio in today; it was so exciting to get that made and handed in!

A student in the class is an art major, and she designed a website to share one of each of our stories.  Our class also wrote notes to another class taught by the same professor, encouraging them in their writing.  She scanned those and they're all on the website as well, in our original handwriting.  (Mine she divided into two parts, and one of them is the "P.S." note at the very end! :) )

The story that I'm most proud of from this semester is the one that's on the site.  If you decide to read it, do let me know what you think. :)

Enjoy the loveliness of the site and the talents of the authors whose work it showcases!

Fiction Writing

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check it out. I have a a dream of writing fiction, though sometimes I think I might be better just writing what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey: take a cue from Nike and just do it. :)

    Seriously, if you've always wanted to write fiction, why don't you? Give it a whirl and see what happens. I recently heard a woman talk who, as a full-time wife, mother and businesswoman, has published two books and sold over 40,000 copies--in just a few years. I'll post a link to her site in a post very soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!