Wednesday, November 9, 2011

When I don't know what to say

The reason I don't post every day is mostly because I can't always think of something interesting/insightful/meaningful to write.

And I don't want to put anything out there that's not one of those things.  I know I've done that before, I'm sure I have.  But usually I want my posts to be well thought-out.  Sometimes I don't have time to sit and write, so I don't.  I'm not one of those people who writes multiple drafts of blog posts.  There are one or two that I started and never posted, but I don't usually go over posts more than once.  Maybe I should, but I like my spur-of-the-moment habit.

I'm a talker, if you couldn't tell.  (The way I write on here is pretty much the way I talk in real life.)  I don't like awkward silences.  I sometimes find it hard to be quiet, or to make the best use of the words I say.
I'm getting better, though, at not speaking.  Being married to an introvert helps with that.

I'm learning that it's okay to not talk.  To be quiet.  To be still.

And I don't always have to know what to say.  I certainly don't have all the answers.  Some days, like the last couple days, I just have to soak up what others are saying (and writing).  What they're saying is what's on my heart anyway.

Julia gently reminded me today of what Christ has done for me and how much I really need him.

Rachel  made me smile with a story about her precious children; I am so excited to be a mama someday.

Nikki is a connection to home (where my family lives) and is always reminding me how much I have to be thankful for.

Lindsey  encouraged me with a post that I could have written myself, reminding me that I'm not alone.

Lisa  is friend and teacher and inspiration as well as a constant reminder of God's goodness.

And Ann always seems to write exactly what I need to hear; she is perpetually encouraging and uplifting, such a witness of the Gospel.

These six are among the blogs I read the most often.  They are women who are humorous, genuine, faithful, grace-covered, inspiring, and encouraging.  And when I don't know what to say, they usually say it for me.

When I don't know what to say, I take comfort in knowing that Christ knows it even when I don't.
God knows my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Your generous heart lifts many through your words, Jaimie. I know I have been uplifted by them. Thank you for sharing this space with us, sharing your beautiful heart! God bless your writing and your discoveries!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!