Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I'M MOVING!!

My friends, the day has come.

I've been dreaming about this for some time.

I finally have my very own self-hosted Wordpress blog: my website!


JaimieRamsey.com is where you'll find me now. Starting this coming Monday (six days from now; the 30th of September) I will no longer be posting at Living in the Light. I'll also switch the name of my Facebook page-- nothing will change but the title. :)

Please take notice:
NONE of my Google Friend Connect followers will transfer over to the new site!!! That means that there are 125 of you who read either regularly or occasionally, who will need to re-follow the new site via some other method (either another reader or by email). I will be getting the new email signup ready to go in the next couple days, so you'll be able to subscribe to updates from JaimieRamsey.com before the weekend.

Also, if you follow me with a reader, you WILL have to update the URL in your reader, or you will stop getting updates entirely--and that would be awful!

If you're already an email subscriber, your email subscription WILL transfer to the feed from the new site. You won't have to do anything about that!

The Facebook page will continue to post updates from both here and the new site until Monday, at which time updates from Living in the Light will stop.

The website isn't fully ready yet, but feel free to head over and take a look anyway-- just click on the image above or here: www.jaimieramsey.com.

I am excited to make this new site into something that will serve me now and in the future, as a personal blog and a professional author's website. I'm incredibly thankful for the help I've received with getting it set up, especially from Elsie Callender of Richly Rooted, Jami Balmet of Young Wife's Guide, and Amy Andrews from Blogging with Amy (I don't know her personally, but her site has tons of incredibly helpful and easy-to-follow tutorials to help make blogging on Wordpress WAY easier!).

So-- if you follow me via GFC or a reader, head over to JaimieRamsey.com and update your reader. By Friday you'll be able to follow the new site via email.

I'll post another reminder or two later this week, and then I will leave a post pinned here for anyone who happens upon Living in the Light--a forwarding address, so to speak. :)

Thank you for being the ones who have helped me grow this little tiny blog into something still pretty tiny, but also a community that has blessed me greatly. It's been almost three years since I started Living in the Light, and I am SO excited to keep moving forward and see what God has planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!