Friday, June 15, 2012

a few favorite things


A friend shared this on facebook in the midst of a ferocious thunderstorm last night.  I haven't seen such rain, lightning, and hail in a while.  And there was SO much rain that our window leaked...poured rain in like it hasn't yet.  Luckily, most of the water is contained in a small area...in nearly-full buckets and sopping towels and rags.  Not looking forward to cleaning that up.


Joshua played this song this morning, and I realized something: our favorite things are also our favorite blessings.  When I think of all that God has given me, "then I don't feel so bad!"

So, a few favorite things on this Friday...

cuddling with my husband while we watch a movie


taking turns reading a book aloud in bed before we go to sleep ("The Silmarillion," by J. R. R. Tolkien)

talks on the phone with my mom and with my best friend


quietly reading and writing in the cool, dim house in the mornings

lunch with Joshua on the sunny deck outside the campus center at school


the excitement of a new project taking root in mind and words

waking up knowing that tonight starts the weekend


These are a few of my favorite things...

friday favorite things | finding joy http://www.yourthrivingfamily.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!