Friday, December 30, 2011

The Best of 2011: Favorite Posts

This was my first full year blogging.  I marked my one-year "bloggiversary" in October.  I feel like I have learned a lot about writing and blogging, and I definitely think I'm becoming a better writer.  In the next year I hope to continue to improve my skills and knowledge in both blogging and writing.

I have gotten to know some amazing people via their blogs this year.  I'm thankful for their encouragement, their humor, their insight, and their knowledge.  These fellow writers and sisters in the faith have been such a blessing to me.

So: without further ado, here are the posts that were the most popular this year!

Introducing: My Man!
This was one of my first posts with pictures.  Joshua and I were dating quite seriously by this past January, when this was posted.

A Married Woman: Pictures!
More photos.  These are a few from our wedding.

A Homemaker and Proud of It
Not a long post but one of the posts I'm most proud of. :)  This is something I'm very passionate about, and it is near and dear to my heart.

Fourth of July: Modeling!
I was rather surprised how popular this post became.  It was mostly just me having fun with a camera. :)

The Blessings of Six Weeks of Marriage
Most of my marriage-related posts were well-received.  I've learned so much about being married in the last seven months, and this was a great place to write about it.

A Work in Progress
This was a very soul-baring post.  I found a lot of metaphors for my spiritual life in my everyday life, and this was one of them.  God's been teaching me a lot about who I am in relation to who He is.

Reasons I am thankful for my friends
Our friends have played a huge role in our lives in the last year.  People we didn't think we had much in common with became some of our closest friends, and I got to know people better who hadn't been a big part of my life before.  Our friends have been such a blessing to us this year!

How my husband loves me, and, more of what I've learned about marriage.
My greatest (earthly) blessing in the last year has been my husband.  This was a post sharing more of what we've been learning.  Another rather transparent post.

Home for Christmas
I wrote this just a month ago!  It's been a very different Christmas than last year, now that I'm married and in my own home.

Most Commented Posts:
The Evolution of a Living Room

The Latest from My Kitchen

Cooking Like My Mom

Today :)

I'm Glad to be Me

Thankful Thursday


Enjoy reading any posts that you missed in the past year!  And many thanks to the lovely people who read, comment, and give welcome feedback on my blog and my writing.

Soli Deo Gloria!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first year of blogging! I'm glad our internet paths have crossed :)

    I was thinking about you and your first married Christmas--I'm glad it was a happy one and best wishes for a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!