Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Midnight

So...why am I up?

Because I had an hour-long nap this afternoon.

Because our friends just left.  We were watching a movie.  She was doing homework.  He kept nodding off.  I kept jumping up to check on the banana bread.  (It all came out of the pans at once this time.  Huzzah!  I still must remember to grease the pans next time.)

Because I feel like I should do more homework, but I have to get up in 7 hours.  Yuck.

Because I love being with my husband and although we share a bed, time sleeping is time wasted.

At the same time, I want to go to bed because...

As I said, I have to get up in seven hours.  Oy.

I love sleeping.

We have flannel sheets.

While sleeping, I (generally) forget about everything I have to do that weighs on my mind when I'm awake.

While sleeping, I don't ramble in blogs like this.

While sleeping, I cuddle with my husband, which is the most comforting physical experience of earthly life, in my opinion.

Sleeping means waking up will happen (probably.  Remember the old prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.  If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.  And this I ask for Jesus' sake."  I prayed that every night as a child; it's still a comfort to me).  Sorry.  Rambling.  Anyway, when I wake up a new day will have begun and God creates new days for good.

So, it's midnight.  I could stay awake...but I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!