Thursday, August 22, 2013

thankful thursday--blessed by those around me


Every day is a day full of blessings, but I am in awe of the new ways God constantly finds to heap his gifts on me. This week has been no different.

I am so incredibly thankful that I and my wonderful co-authors were able to release this book-- a labor of love, the physical representation of what we have learned so far in our marriages about cooking and feeding our families, the book that enables us to call ourselves authors.


Becoming a published author has been a dream of mine for years, and it is absolutely surreal that I can say that dream has come true, much sooner than I would have expected. God is so good. I am also SO thankful for the wonderful people who have already bought this book!

I'm also incredibly thankful for my two cookbook co-writers, including this beautiful woman, who you might recognize as Elsie from Richly Rooted. Yes, we got to meet in person! I'll tell you more about that soon, but I am so blessed to have been able to meet her face-to-face. Without Jami and Elsie, this book never would have happened. I am so grateful to be able to call them friends!



Words do not express how grateful I am for this man-- my best friend, my partner and teammate, my husband. He has supported me though every step of this writing process and I know he'll be by my side for whatever comes next. He has put up with me being on the computer for hours, trying out recipes on him, geeking out over food, and bombarding him with confusing chatter about book- and blog-related things. This man is my greatest gift.


None of these blessings are things I deserve, but thanks to the loving kindness of my heavenly Father, they are gifts he has delighted to give me. He is so very good.


What people have been a blessing to you this week? What ways has he provided for you to be a blessing to those around you?
Also, is it just me, or do other people geek out over food, too?!?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your book. I am sure you are very proud. Thank you for stopping by to say hello. You comment has truly blessed me.

    I feel the same way about my husband. God has truly blessed us with the men we have in our lives. He is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh goodness, you're so welcome! and thank you! and yes, I agree absolutely. marriage is such a blessing! thanks also for the advertising of my book. I appreciate it SOO much!!

      Delete
  2. I also added a link to your book in my sidebar. I pray it does well. It sounds interesting. When finances allow, I will gladly buy one.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!