Thursday, July 5, 2012

thankful for family, friends and fireworks!

As He always is, God has been SO good to us.  We've been so blessed this week!
I'm especially thankful for...

Friends.  Our dear friends Brett and Ashton came for birthday cake and a long chat on my birthday.  It's been so good to get to know them better this summer.

Family.  Last night we were with my grandparents, my aunt, uncle and cousins, and Joshua's parents and one of his brothers.  It was SO much fun!  I love my family.

Fireworks.  The park where everyone gathers for the fireworks was crowded, but it might as well have just been the two of us.  We delighted in the beautiful fireworks together, snuggled, and enjoyed each other's company.  It was so lovely. :)

Music.  Yesterday we beat the heat by listening to three (shorter) concerts in a row--music is a huge part of our town's annual Fourth of July celebration.  One of the concerts was a choir made up of youth from the community, including Joshua's two younger brothers.  It was incredible.


Vacation. We've slept in the last two days in a row!

My husband.  He is always my greatest blessing, and this week that has been as true as ever.  He made me feel so very special on my birthday, and he daily loves me far more than I deserve.




Thankful Thursdays Button
ThankfulThursday
a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut
The Fontenot Four

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a beautiful list, Jaimie!! Such a blessed life you lead :)

    Thanks for linking up to Thankful Thursday at First Day of My Life!! :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!