Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Days Ordained for Me


"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.  All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." -Psalm 139:13-16
"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."


That truth is absolutely mind-boggling.  I was born twenty-one years ago today, but long before that, God knew me, and he already knew what each day of my future life would bring.

He knew me before he "knit me together in my mother's womb."  God has known me intimately since he created me at conception...since before that.

And he knows every day of my life that is to come in the future.

When I look back on my life up until this point, I can see God's hand at work in every detail.

He brought my parents together in a pretty awesome way--without that, I wouldn't have been born.
He led us to the places he wanted us to live, to meet the people he wanted us to meet, in order to shape our lives so that we could become who he wanted us to become.
God has given me so many incredible opportunities through which he has blessed me, enabled me to be a blessing, and taught me about who he is and about who I am as his child.
He made it possible for me to end up here, at this little college, to meet the man who is now my husband, and many other people who have been a blessing in my life.

In these and in countless other ways, I can see that God had my life planned out in advance.

And I can know and trust, therefore, that he also has the rest of my life planned out--he has known it since before the beginning of time.

My times are in his hands.
My life is in his control.

I need not fear the future--God knows it.
I need not worry about my life--God will take care of it.

The God who has loved me since the world was born, this awesome God, knows my future and will be with me through every moment of it.

Just as he has always been.

And the same holds true for you.







Photobucket


















 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jaimie! May you continue to find God's blessings in all the little gifts of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great truth to remember and treasure. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Jaimie! It is mind boggling to know that your days were written in His hand before you were even a twinkle in your Mother's eye! :) Enjoy your day!

    Mindy @ New Equus - A New Creation

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy happy birthday!!! :) i pray that this will be your absolute best year yet! blessings, lora

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!