Monday, June 18, 2012

A bloggy makeover!

Finally.

I like how everything looks...
it's much more readable (I think!)...
and I did it all by myself.

A friend had helped me change the html a few months ago, and I loved it, but I know it was hard to read.  And I like a change every now and then.  I was afraid I wouldn't be able to change it back myself...but it was so much easier than I expected!  For this very NON-tech-savvy girl, this is an accomplishment.

Now: I want your feedback!  This blog is a ministry to YOU, my readers, and you're the ones who see this page most.  How does it look?  Do you like the (slightly) altered layout better?  How's the readability?  Would you change anything else?  Add anything?  Remove something?

New pages coming soon... I'm going to combine posts on similar topics (marriage, homemaking, cooking, etc) and put links to them in their own pages.  I hope this will be a helpful resource!

Hooray for bloggy makeovers!

5 comments:

  1. I love the changes you have made! I agree with you that your previous design was much harder to read, and I am glad you have changed it back to black type on a white background. (The white background also frames your pictures better, I think.) I am looking forward to the new changes you implement, especially having easier access to certain types of posts. I absolutely love your cooking posts! Your blog is where I learned of the More with Less cookbook, and I have used it so much since I purchased it. The money we have saved in groceries by using the hints and recipes in More with Less has paid for the cookbook many times over. :)

    You have a real gift for sharing your stories. Thank you for your honesty in all subjects, and your willingness to share what God teaches you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary: thank you so much! I'm just sorry it took me so long to finally change things. Oh well, it's much better now. :)

      You have no idea how much you encouraged me with this comment! I'm thrilled that I had the honor of introducing you to More With Less. It's one of my favorites as well--and yes, such a money-saver!

      Thank you so very much for all your encouragement. Just stopped by your blog as well! :)

      Delete
  2. I think it looks great! And organizing your posts according to topic sounds wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Kasey! I think I'm going to work on that today. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jaime! I liked your last layout, but it was much harder to read. This new background goes really good with your blog title! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!